Diverse Backgrounds, United by Shared Passion and Values
Our principals and many of our team members come from ranching, farming and agricultural backgrounds. Others come from the marketing, advertising, communications and consumer research industries. Whatever our backgrounds, we’re united by a shared passion for promoting the meat industry in an environment where all feel welcome and comfortable being themselves.
Midan was born into the meat industry
Michael Uetz gathered cattle and raised quarter horses on his family’s North Dakota ranch. Danette Amstein is the sixth generation to work on her family’s Kansas cattle and grain operation. Both earned agricultural degrees from land-grant schools and met while working for the Beef Checkoff Program. In 2004, they combined Michael’s market research expertise and Danette’s communications prowess to form Midan Marketing — a name derived from “Mi” (Michael) + “Dan” (Danette) — a first-of-its-kind meat marketing firm dedicated to ensuring prosperous futures for their families in the meat industry.
Inspiring Servant-Leaders. An Exceptional, Talented Team.
- Midan is fundamentally grounded in and connected to supporting the viability of animal protein production.
- We operate out of Chicago, Mooresville, N.C., and remote offices nationwide.
- Our integrated team combines backgrounds in:
- Animal and food science
- Consumer goods and packaging
- Video production and photography
- Consumer research
- Digital, social media and web development
Meet the Midan Team
If you’re driven to make a difference as part of a dynamic, passionate, growing team, we want to talk to you!